- Group name
- Group aims
The group shall be called Greenham and Crookham Conservation Volunteers.
- To conserve, enhance and monitor the wildlife and habitats of Greenham and Crookham Commons.
- To promote the importance of conserving Greenham and Crookham Commons through practical involvement.
- To promote the involvement of local people in the conservation of Greenham and Crookham Commons.
- To work closely with West Berkshire Council, the Greenham and Crookham Commons Project, the Greenham and Crookham Commons Commission, the Commons Association and other relevant organisations and for the benefit of Greenham and Crookham Commons.
The group will carry out work on various sites on Greenham and Crookham Commons. Guidance will be sought from the Greenham and Crookham Commons Project and English Nature as much of the work will be undertaken in accordance with a Countryside Stewardship Agreement and on land designated as SSSI
Other activities, in furtherance of the aims or for the benefit of the group shall be undertaken from time to time as the members see fit.
The group shall be affiliated to the BTCV and shall observe the conditions of affiliation and shall maintain insurance for volunteers on its tasks and for injuries to third persons and damage to property.
The area served is principally Greenham and Crookham Commons but tasks and activities may be undertaken as is seen fit by the members.
Membership shall be open to anyone interested in taking an active part in the work of the group.
Ordinary membership shall be conferred on those attending a specified task for the duration of that task.
Membership may be revoked by the committee as a result of member(s) acting irresponsibly or without due regard to the safety of themselves or others.
- There should be an elected management committee responsible for policy and administration of the group. The committee members shall be able to stand for re-election at each AGM.
- Such officers shall be appointed as are required to conduct the administration of the group. These will include a chairperson and a secretary with up to three members. Other members can be co-opted until the following AGM as the committee sees fit. At any committee meeting the quorum should consist of four members.
- The committee shall meet for the AGM and on two other occasions per annum. At least two weeks notice in writing shall be given of the meetings and the agenda.
- If the chairman fails to convene a meeting for six months, any three members may convene a meeting, giving notice as above.
- The chairman shall have the casting vote where there is an equality of votes cast.
- The committee will exercise all the powers of the group but may delegate such powers as it sees fit to sub-committees provided the powers of the latter are minuted as will be the subcommittee proceedings.
- This constitution may be amended by the vote of a simple majority of those members attending the AGM.
- A member of the group shall be elected at the AGM to represent the Greenham and Crookham Conservation Volunteers on the Greenham and Crookham Commons Commission (set up under the Local Act of Parliament).
The group can be wound up by a majority vote of those members present at the AGM.